Reminder : do NOT hardcode deprecation flags in tarball
- From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
- To: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Reminder : do NOT hardcode deprecation flags in tarball
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:50:36 +0100
just a quick reminder about deprecation flags and tarball release :
please avoid at all cost to hardcode deprecation flags in compilation
flags, when a module is built from a tarball (it is ok to have such
flags when building from gi checkout).
Why, you may ask ?
Well, I'm currently strugling with smoketesting GNOME 2.29.5 release and
there are some tarballs no longer building because new G_SEAL
deprecation were added in yesterday GTK+ 2.19.3 release and some modules
were not fixed for this.
Current guilty modules :
- vte (bedhad is cooking a new release)
In a similar idea, try to avoid releasing tarballs which depends on
other unreleased tarball module version.
Thanks you for your attention.
] [Thread Prev