Re: gnome-spidermonkey?

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 16:20 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> >  We need a smallish amount of code. The complete Firefox build
> >   in the jhbuild takes a long time.
>
> Don't build FF in jhbuild, use the one provided by your distribution.

A) "FF in your distribution" might provide one of two very different
   APIs at this point. We support both but at a considerable cost
   in developer time,.

B) It really sucks if we have something in the moduleset that takes
   forever to build, clogs up build.gnome.org, fails frequently,
   and that the experts know that they should be adding to
   skip_modules.

   In many cases, the solution here is to make jhbuild smarter about
   when a system package provides what we need, but not sure that's
   the solution here.

- Owen