Re: Finding and Reminding, tech issues, 3.0 and beyond

Is it entirely true that RDF/Sparql, whilst giving us the power to model
stuff better, is harder to use and makes things more difficult to devs
who dont know it

I had always imagined there would be a client library that did not
expose RDF/SParql which would allow for more simple use and queries
(query by example or some simpler language). It would be much more
limiting than pure sparql but for the majority of apps where metadata
use is one dimensional it would suffice.

However it would be wrong to scrap RDF/Sparql as you could not model
links between resources nor interact as well with non-file cloud based
data. Also by utilising nepomuk ontology, we are benefiting from the
large EU investment in it and the refinements from Nokia/KDE which
ensure the ontology is application driven and not purely theoretical in
nature

The apple metadata spec is one dimensional and could not be extrapolated
easily to model more sophisticated ontologies. Tracker 0.6 metadata was
like apples and it proved insufficient for the needs of Nokia and
Nepomuk

jamie