Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Shell

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
>  tarballs:        http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-shell/

I notice you guys did only two tarball releases last cycle (and no
2.30 release), though there seems to be near-constant activity in git.
 Is this driven by stability issues, feature churn, or is something
else up?

I've found that the best way to keep track of gnome-shell developments
is jhbuild, since no recent tarballs usually translates to no recent
packages.  But I admit that I miss tarball releases with their
easy-to-read NEWS files, compared to skimming through git log whenever
I update my jhbuild.

For such a critical component of our desktop, I hope there are more
releases next cycle, to facilitate more testing.

Sandy