Re: So.... Who's redoing their UI for 2.30/3.0?

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 16:59 -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I happen to be on the gcalctool list where Robert announced that he'd
> begun making some major changes to the UI. Having this much lead time
> makes it possible for us to update Orca's support for gcalctool, file
> bugs, and when possible submit patches. Orca + gcalctool should be great
> for 2.30/3.0 as a result. (Thanks Robert!)
>
> Since there are undoubtedly countless lists I'm not on.... Anyone else
> making major UI changes? :-)
>
> Thanks in advance! Take care.
> --joanie

I would be curious if anyone is touching the UI for AT Preferences, as
the current one is bewildering. I had trouble figuring out how to
activate Orca and an on-screen keyboard, and I have perfectly fine
vision.
Questions that came to mind: Why do we expect the user to follow
"Preferred Applications" through to activate Orca, why is there another
heading called Preferences under Assistive Technologies Preferences, and
what exactly is Keyboard Accessibility? (And what's with the icons?!).

Was looking at redoing it myself, actually, given that the current
situation makes me feel bad, but I wouldn't want to duplicate a more
official effort :)

--
Dylan McCall <dylanmccall gmail com>