Re: Danger: older bugs are getting squashed with NEEDINFO

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Danielle Madeley
<danielle madeley collabora co uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 14:28 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
>> I think for most modules, confirming bugs has usually seemed like a
>> waste of of the maintainer's time. Confirming bugs assumes that the
>> maintainer isn't looking at bugs until they are confirmed. Once the
>> maintainer is already looking at a bug, what's the point of confirming
>> it?
>
> So, while it is indeed an extra click or two to confirm a bug as NEW, is
> it really that much extra time?

Yes,
   I do receive bugmail almost every day on average myself, and if I have any
reason to close the bug, if its invalid or misguided, I will go all the way
to bugzilla.gnome.org and close or correct the bug, which generally represents
at least one bug a week I have to close.

I have been taking care of Glade for ~5 years now; does it represent alot
of time for me to mark one bug as confirmed every day for the next 5 years ?

Yes in fact it can take a big slice out of your own life.

Cheers,
               -Tristan