Re: GNOME Shell and Seed

2009/9/18 Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>:
> Hi,
>
> has there been any progress on porting gnome-shell to using seed instead
> of gjs? It sounds kind of silly to use two JavaScript engines, and to
> reintroduce a dependency on Gecko after having finally managed to get
> rid of it.

I'm not aware of anyone working on it at this moment.  I agree in the
longer term we can't have different parts of GNOME depend on two
different JavaScript engines.  Certainly we aren't going to be able to
do anything in the 2.28 timeframe, but GNOME Shell is still a
technology preview for that.  Bottom line I suggest the relevant
maintainers should agree to pick one engine by the 2.30 timeframe.