Icons in menu and dialog action buttons

Hello,

I just installed GNOME 2.27.92 (Ubuntu Karmic) and I see that by default
all icons are removed from menus and from dialog action buttons.

I'm not starting a flame about "is it the right thing to do", but my
personal opinion is that it's totally stupid...

But what is even worse is that users don't even have an UI to change
that!!! I can go to the interface tab to get the previous behaviour for
menu and toolbar, but there is not even an option to get back icon in
dialog's action buttons.

Sorry but this is not acceptable at all. I can accept that the default
change, but not having an UI to get back old behaviour is irresponsible
(no, a gconf key is not enough!).

I opened a BLOCKER bug #595341. I think the release team should make the
decision to not release GNOME 2.28.0 until it gets fixed.

Thanks,
Xavier Claessens.