Re: "Internationalising GNOME applications" manual

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 11:43 +1000, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Anyone know why the manual http://www.gnome.org/~malcolm/i18n/ isn't on
> library.gnome.org?

My guess is that nobody suggested it.

If we put it up in its current form, I'd like if we had
a warning that it's out of date.  It was written in the
pre-xml2po days, so it says "at the present time, there
is no easy way to convert user documentation...into a
format that is consistent for translators."  I'd sure
hate for people to think that's true.

Better still, let's get a more current document up on
library.  An internationalization guide has been on my
developer documentation radar since forever:

http://live.gnome.org/DeveloperGuides

Obviously, we don't have to start from scratch.  We can
just build off of what Malcolm already wrote, most of
which is still sage and relevant advice today.

--
Shaun