Re: New module proposal: tracker

Il giorno gio, 29/10/2009 alle 01.23 +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) ha
scritto:
> IMO right now you should push on the distros
> to start shipping that (e.g Ubuntu Karmic still seem to have 0.6) and
> once distro and existing apps have competely moved to 0.7, all
> concerned parties will have a significant amount of trust on the
> tracker project and the decision to make it part of GNOME will go much
> smoothly in the next release.

But in previous GNOME release we accepted stuff like PolicyKit or
DeviceKit or PulseAudio while not yet officially released or widely
adopted. And those stuff was needed to be installed under /usr in order
to properly work.

Tracker, instead, can be simply tested in a JHbuild sandbox.

So this doesn't seem to me a reason to drop its inclusion.