Re: Not proposing Emerillon as a Gnome module?

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 00:08 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> To the GNOME developers:
> If you have not commented yet, if there is anything to add, if you
> have questions to the maintainer: Please comment now.

After discussing the question on IRC, the following facts have been
highlighted:
      * It would be way too early to include Emerillon in Gnome.  I
        entirely agree with that, I almost didn't send the previous
        email, but after all, how can you be too soon to not propose
        something? :)  The idea was to start the discussion on whether
        we should include or not every software just because people
        demand it.
      * Applications should grow and have a little life out of Gnome
        before inclusion.
      * Adding every applications has the effect of limiting
        competition.  I can point an exception but still their efforts
        seems "useless" because "we already have such an application".
        Therefore, adding Emerillon would keep other people from
        possibly proposing better solutions.  And we are not even
        approaching the itchy problem of removing apps.

So I think the release team shouldn't even consider this email as a
proposal.

Thanks :)

Pierre-Luc