Re: Module proposal: dconf

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna
<sriram ramkrishna gmail com> wrote:
> That said, Ryan, are you proposing this as a replacement for GConf?  That
> wasn't particularly clear in your initial mail.

As I understand it, the replacement for GConf would be two-fold:
GSettings in glib (the interface, to be merged from the "gsettings"
branch) and dconf (or windows registry on windows) as the
configuration storing mechanism.

A third portion /might/ be a wrapper around dconf/GSettings which
exposes the same/similar API as libgconf to allow ease of transition
to a dconf-based configuration store (something like scrollkeeper ->
rarian?).

There is also the concern for user settings migration from GConf to
dconf; which is currently undefined (although it is agreed that it
should be done on the dconf side to avoid code duplication).

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team