Re: External Dependency Proposal: Berkeley DB (libdb)

Matthew Barnes wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 15:11 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Makes sense to me, so let's just do it. Just decide on a version of
> > berkeley db ;-)
>
> Done, updated:
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyseven/ExternalDependencies
>
> I was conservative and picked libdb 4.5.20 (released June 2006) as the
> minimum requirement, as that's as far back as I can vouch for the file
> format being stable.  We can bump it forward as needed.

I didn't get involved in the discussion, but libdb has been universal
for such a long time that I don't see any real point in adding it to
jhbuild; of course I am fine listing it in ExternalDependencies, this
is just my statement of intention wrt the jhbuild modulesets.

Cheers,
        Frederic

[looking at the libdb build system while writing this email I'll add
 technical reasons to avoid it in jhbuild.]