Re: On Ctrl+tab

On 11/22/2009 10:11 PM, Owen Taylor wrote:

I don't think it's explicitly overriding it, it's just that the
innermost widget wins for key bindings; and in a TextView
Ctrl-PageUp/PageDown are start-of-line and end-of-line.

Which I found kinda weird.  Currently

  Home/End: start/end of line
  Ctrl-Home/End: start/end of document
  PageUp/PageDown: one page up/down
  Ctrl-PageUp/PageDown: start/end of paragraph

Using the Unicode meaning of a paragraph: separate by \n.

It sounds more logical to me if the Ctrl functions of Home/End and PageUp/PageDown were the other way around. That is: Home/End would work on the line/paragraph level, and PageUp/PageDown work on page/whole-document level.

But that's a separate issue...

behdad

- Owen