Re: 'social desktop'/open collaboration project?

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 09:18 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> I've not seen anyone here talking about this:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/open-collaboration-services
> (discussed here:
> http://dot.kde.org/2009/05/01/social-desktop-starts-arrive ) Has
> anyone from GNOME talked with them/looked at this/etc.?

I should also point out that if you want your application to have social
web integration, have a look at Mojito:

http://moblin.org/projects/mojito

It's basically a D-Bus service which reads "stuff" from your social web
(currently supported: flickr, twitter, lastfm, myspace) and exposes the
content in a generic manner over D-Bus with live updates.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com