Re: Anti Theft Software

integrating it with gdm may make it breakable, I mean hacker may login without gnome, in that case, he can still access whole file system while the software (if it is a part of gdm) will remain ignorant of this act as it is not executed.
Running it as deamon seems a good idea, though it can also be broken but before hacker gets gets to stop it, it would have encrypted file system or atleast has executed halt command (or may be something similar to the computer unuseable)
Adeona also runs as deamon, we can definetly use mic, webcam, ipadresses, traceroute, GeoGlue ( I am not sure about it), what do you people say

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Adam Schreiber <sadam clemson edu> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Hasanat Kazmi <hasanatkazmi gmail com> wrote:
> Hello Adam,
> True that, thats my bad , the project will be proposed, its yet not part of
> Gnome

No worries.  I just wanted to make sure everyone had the right idea.
I'll look forward to a very thought out and detailed proposal.

Cheers,

Adam