Re: Anti Theft Software

Hasanat Kazmi wrote:
Hello,
I want to make an anti thief software for Gnome. This project will be a part of GSoc I am really excited about the project but I need ideas for the software. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/mar/02/laptop-shouts-stop-thief has some good existing solutions for windows and mac. Geoclue and gnome-screensaver can be used, please pour in some ideas.

You would probably want to modify gdm (the login manager), rather than gnome-screensaver, so that the thief doesn't have to log in to be tracked...

- Mike