Re: Dialog and ALT modifier inconsistencies.

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 12:00 +0000, desktop-devel-list-request gnome org
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've posted this on ubuntuforums, launchpad and somewhere else I can't
> remember. I've been gradually pointed to this mailing list.
>
> Basically, there are some inconsistencies between applications on the
> Gnome desktop. I understand that OpenOffice is not a part of Gnome.
>
> The original description, with screenshots is here:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6731270#post6731270
>
> It was suggested I expand this and do the same comparison for more gnome
> apps, but I want to see if there's any point first. In other words, does
> anyone care about this and would developers be interested in me
> expanding on this?
>
> Regards,
> Jarlath

Jarlath,

This was discussed on the list in 2005 [1] but I don't think actual
issue (inconsistent dialogs) was ever fixed. My coworker Steven Garrity
created a page researching the problem in detail [2] and blogged about
the issue [3]. If you're trying to get save dialogs to be more
consistent, those pages may be a helpful resources (even though they
were written three years ago).

Cheers,

Mike

[1]