Re: GNOME 2.26 module inclusion discussion heats up

Le dimanche 11 janvier 2009 à 04:39 +0000, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 00:10 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > Ahoj,
> >
> > a reminder that module inclusion discussion must heat up now.
> > At January 19th, Module Freeze takes place: New modules and
> > functionality for GNOME 2.26 will be chosen[1]. Next weekend, the GNOME
> > Release Team will meet and decide about the proposed modules.
>
> I'd just like to mention that if gnome-user-share was accepted, it
> wouldn't get the treatment (eg. the integration of the sharing
> preferences with vino) that it should have had because the release team
> took too long to make up their minds.

Ahem, there was nothing preventing you to do the integration work before
acceptance. The only constraint would be to not hard requires
gnome-user-share from vino.

Deadline has always been the same for new modules decision.

> The process seems to allow no grounds for improvement in between the
> acceptance and the final release (already in string freeze, too close to
> UI freeze and feature freeze).

I beg to differ.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>