Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 06:05:30PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 23:58 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 05:40:18PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > > Is it *really* so hard to understand that this whole git-serve is a
> > > terrible idea?
> >
> > You expect me to reply to this??!?
>
> I expected you to reply to the other three mails where I asked the same
> thing as I did in the mail you replied to. Oh, you chose not to quote
> that; here it is again:

I chose not to quote that yes, as this is getting too personal for me.
However, I only get more replies back which I consider of terrible
quality.

> > Then what happens when a new version of git with a new feature,
> > incompatible with the git-serve kludge, is released? Then we're
> > screwed, right? And who gets to pay? We do. We're stuck with an old
> > version of git. Us. The very same people who very clearly said "git",
> > not "bzr".
>
> But, alas, you didn't reply to this. You instead hand-waved about
> something else. I don't think I breached any code of conduct, written or
> otherwise, by displaying my frustration about how you are evading my
> question.

I am not evading. Stop trying to make this personal. I don't care about
CoC, I don't like you're talking to me.

Anyway, I've already asked John to respond to your point as he is doing
the work. I did that before replying to you. This as I thought he would
give the best answer.
My answer: well, AFAIK, the communication stuff is very generic, so
breakage is unlikely. Further, that is why John becomes a sysadmin. Feel
free to rewrite my answer as needed.

--
Regards,
Olav