Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results
- From: "Patryk Zawadzki" <patrys pld-linux org>
- To: "Olav Vitters" <olav bkor dhs org>
- Cc: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>, foundation-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results
- Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 23:37:05 +0100
On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 05:29:02PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
>> Uh, but that's exactly how I understood the proposal and I believe that
>> the points I made (that you didn't respond to) still stands: That it's
>> crazy to officially want to support git, bzr and hg *at* the same time
>> *from* the same repo. It's just asking for trouble.
> That isn't true. It is Bzr on server, with Git support. Nothing about
> Hg, nothing about doing partly Git, partly Bzr.
The potential problem I see is all of the remote branches will use
different DVCS that do not support git + hg + bzr. So eventually all
of us will be forced to use all three tools in order to merge changes
from remote branches (unless we expect *all* people to provide *all*
changes as patches in which case I don't see the real gain of
switching to a distributed tool).
] [Thread Prev