Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

Il giorno dom, 04/01/2009 alle 16.11 -0500, Matthias Clasen ha scritto:

> It seems pretty clear to me that any 'homegrown' system like this is
> not suitable as a longterm, stable solution for a project the size of
> gnome.

BTW, once switched to DVCS, how much disk space I should have in order
to perform a full GNOME Desktop build with jhbuild? A WebKit build from
git needs ~740MB :-/

People using JHBuild to develop one project against latest code or
simply testing the whole desktop don't need the full history for all
GNOME Desktop modules

bzr allows lightweight checkouts [1]. What about git?

[1]
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#getting-a-lightweight-checkout