Re: Help with strings for "solution" for desktop file "virus" problem

> Its true that all of these *could* and *should* mark the file as
> executable, however since we never demanded that before this would be a
> regression for many users. Both for old created desktop files and for
> new ones created by non-updated apps.

Why is this a problem ?

- You can chmod the existing desktop files on an upgrade
- If you meet one that appears not to have been updated you can ask the
  user/fix it with their permission

If you are willing to be selinux aware you can also use the labels and
security contexts for this