Re: BugBuddy uselessness

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:54:07 +0100, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

Am Mittwoch, den 11.02.2009, 22:58 +0100 schrieb Tobias Mueller:

I'd say it'd be the best to remove that whole crash.gnome.org thing from
bugbuddy as there is obviously nobody who is able to manage that
platform. I assume that bugbuddy would then send to b.g.o only.

Before I'd be interested to know how many additional reports per week
this would mean (but we probably can't find out as it's down).
Currently I assume that the additional reports will be mostly useless
stack traces resulting in a much higher workload for the bugsquad, with
very limited benefit.

If I remember correctly Fernando was working on integrating a system
called Google crashpad or a very similarly named system. I could not find
it by that name on the Internet but I remember it was located on code.google.com.

Anyways it was supposed to accept the traces, identify what OS they come from
and what program/library versions were in use on the reporting system, and
craft a stack trace with debugging symbols based on that information.
It was also supposed to detect and count duplicates.

But alas I have no idea at what point Fernando left it behind.
He can judge best how much work woul be involved to actually
make crahs.gnome.org working.

Regards

--
Christian Kirbach