Re: [URGENT] wrong gconf key description in gnome-session

Hi.

2009/2/12 Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>:
> Il giorno gio, 12/02/2009 alle 14.49 -0500, Matthias Clasen ha scritto:
>> 2009/2/12 Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>:
>> > In gnome-session schema file there is a string that we forgot to fix:
>> >
>> >        List of components that are required as part of the session.
>> >        (Each element names a key under
>> >        "/desktop/gnome/session/required-components".) The Session
> <snip>
>> Sounds fine to me to change the wrong key name. But is the description
>> factually true ? The last time I checked, gnome-session would not
>> bring
>> nautilus back when I killed it, until I added the autorestart key to
>> the nautilus desktop file.
>
> Tried in my jhbuild sandbox
>      * nautilus - X-GNOME-AutoRestart=true X-GNOME-Provides=filemanager
>        - is restarted
>      * gnome-panel - no AutoRestart, no Provides - is restarted
>      * metacity - X-GNOME-Provides=windowmanager - is not restated
>
> hmmm... we have a problem...

This happens because apps can set their restart style using xsmp (most
likely with GnomeClient api). So, even if you remove the key from
gnome-panel .desktop file, gnome-panel is still doing
gnome_client_set_restart_style. Yes, this is a bit confusing (well,
XSMP per se is quite confusing).

>> > PS also note that /schemas/apps/gnome-session/options/logout_option
>> > GConf key is no longer used (it refers to old, all-in-one logout
> <snip>
>> I don't see any reason to keep the schema around if gnome-session is
>> no longer using it. Why would you ?
>
> Dunno, here is a policy about no longer used gconf keys? Nautilus still
> provides its own old and deprecated key for icon theme, but maybe there
> is some kind of versioning in nautilus gconf keys.
>
> If remove the gnome-session key is hurtless, I'm for remove it

Which key do you want to remove? If it's auto_save_session, you shouldn't.

Thanks,

--lucasr