Re: quo vadis, docs
- From: Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>, Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, gnome-doc-list <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: quo vadis, docs
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:44:17 +0000
2009/2/9 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 19:14 +0000, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
>> I've been thinking how hard would it be to have a very basic webkit
>> based editor that would convert the html it generates into docbook?
> Impossible, or crappy at best. HTML doesn't know that something is a
> button or menu, for instance, so it can't produce the specific tags such
> as <menuchoice>.
You can use the id/class html property to create a DOM model that is
1-1 map to a standard docbook document. For a basic editor that would
work. You can always do fine tweaking on the docbook document
afterwards. But it is really hard to learn jusy copy pasting, when it
is not even clear in the GDP documentation how to generate a damn
thing from the .xml file.
> I don't personally find Docbook that hard. I just copy it from
> elsewhere, just like I once learned HTML. A GUI editor would be nice, of
> Murray Cumming
> murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev