Re: quo vadis, docs

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> - Is there anything that can be done, short of transmutating hackers
> into technical writers at next guadec with the help of poisoned beer ?

May I suggest the short-term solution of associating each document with
a GNOME version number that it has been tested against?

This way users will be able to understand if things look slightly different.

If necessary, disclaimers can be placed on a page indicating that some
features may have changed since the document was published.

Alternatively, version numbers can be associated with sections within
documents, if more granularity is required.

So for the Desktop User Guide, the Mouse Preferences page can list the
version of GNOME it was last updated for.

If this information is deemed inappropriate for placing in the
documentation itself, perhaps it could be placed in the wiki.