GNOME vs KDE vs Xfce vs Win7DWM vs Apple Quartz?

I would like to start one discussion regarding efficiency of these
five desktop environments. Which is the biggest memory consumer,
which is faster, which has better architectural designed and has
better future over others, etc.?

Could we make consensus which is the fastest desktop environment
or not?

Waiting for response,
Uros Nedic

"Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men
 is primarily based on mutual trust and only
 secondarily on institutions such as courts of
 justice and police."

 - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)