Re: dconf

Callum McKenzie wrote:
Can current gconf settings be easily loaded into dconf? e.g. can someone
launching into a gnome 3.0, dconf-based, system for the first time still
have the same wallpaper settings as they did before?

I'm assuming that a) the settings still make sense and b) that the
application can provide a mapping between old and new settings.

Yes, but currently this would have to be completely manual and would require the application to link to both dconf and GConf. This sucks.

I guess a good solution would be to provide some easy-to-use framework by which applications could have migration scripts in python or something. That way the application itself doesn't need to do GConf, but the python script can if GConf is still installed.

Ideas are definitely welcome in this direction.

Cheers