Re: Metacity, Mutter, GNOME Shell, GNOME-2.28

Calum Benson a écrit :

> I guess the other category here is the current generation of thin
> clients... not 'legacy hardware' by any means, they just aren't really
> designed for this sort of thing.

Then why not just run the current metacity + gnome applet combinations of today
on that hardware ? Assuming metacity + current gnome applets are not going to
vanish all of a sudden.

Of course, that would result in more work for distributions because they'll have
to propose the new GNOME Shell setup as well as a "poor man" setup.

Now the resulting question would be, are distros ready to make that effort ?

Dodji.