Re: Planning for GNOME 3.0

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Natan Yellin <aantny gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
  - Changing the way we access documents (via a journal, like GNOME
  Zeitgeist [3]): having to deal with a filesystem in their daily work
  is not what makes users happy -- on the contrary, they generally just
  want to access their documents and not to browse their hard disk.
  Providing new solutions to this problem (using timelines, tags,
  bookmarks, etc.) is something that has been of interest in our
  community for a long time, but we never completely jumped in. We
  simply should.
Thanks for mentioning the project. We're in the middle of a major rewrite right now, and it's great to know that people have noticed the project and liked it.

We're currently looking for mockups and new ideas related to the user interface. If anyone is interested in helping out, we'd love to see you in the #zeitgeist channel on irc.gnome.org. :)
Whoops. That should be #gnome-zeitgeist.

Sorry for any confusion that might have caused. :(