Re: Idea about creation of a new app for launching remote apps using ssh
- From: Pacho Ramos <pacho condmat1 ciencias uniovi es>
- To: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Idea about creation of a new app for launching remote apps using ssh
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:38:08 +0200
El jue, 18-09-2008 a las 17:26 +0100, Ross Burton escribió:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 18:14 +0200, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > Now, I usually run remote apps doing the following:
> > 1. I run "xhost + `remote ip`"
> > 2. "ssh -X `remote ip`"
> > 3. "export DISPLAY="`local ip`:0.0"
> > 4. And I run remote app
> Do you realise that steps 1 and 3 are not required, because you enabled
> X tunnelling in step 2?
I need them, if I skip 1 and 3 I get:
xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
xterm: DISPLAY is not set
Then, I run 3, and I got:
No protocol specified
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: .....:0.0
Then, I run 1 and it worked again
] [Thread Prev