Re: GSD should not housekeep the thumbnails

Stephane Delcroix wrote:
Whatever the MAX_AGE, at the time you're passing the threshold, you're
screwed.

About providing a UI, we're not in favor of that. A decent solution
could be to prompt the user with a UI like "the f-spot thumbs cache is
taking 90% of the thumbnail allowed space. Grow that threshold by
200% ?"

That's a good idea. Except the dialog should probably be launched by the housekeeper, rather than an application like f-spot.

Perhaps we could drop the max_age check, and offer a clean-or-expand dialog in the housekeeper for the max_size check.

- Mike