Re: Suggestions for a software engineering class project?

Hi Marshall
I was a computer science student too and we had a similar Open Source
class in my school with similar characteristics that you described.

My professor decided that we work on Mozilla based projects, not just
specific to Firefox, Thunderbird, sunbird but also underlying projects
which these depend on.
Here is a full list of all the projects that was worked on:
http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Historical_Projects

What had started as a proof of concept OpenSource class about 2 years
ago has now gained a lot of reputation and attracted FOSS developers
to give talks about their projects at Seneca college.

We have also partnered with Fedora and OO.o and hope to get as many
students interested in learning/contributing to these projects as
well. I would like Gnome to be in the list too :)

Hope you get some good ideas from the web site.