Re: Debian-specific patches for the GNOME packages

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Just kill the patches in this case. Really. It's possible the patch
> still applies, but the issue was fixed in some other way. And if it
> fixes a real issue, then it's better to know what issue it is.

Will do.

>> Also I see we sometimes avoid sending patches for fixing redhatisms
>> (X-RedHat-*) in desktop files upstream and just patch them on our
>> side. Same for some other files desktop-file-install complains about.
> X-RedHat stuff doesn't harm, but it might make sense to remove them
> upstream and have Fedora add them back. Don't know.
>
> If desktop-file-install complains, then there's a bug in the .desktop
> file (or in desktop-file-install), so file a bug :-)

Sure, free patches for everyone (still in progress as I dig through
our GNOME packages):

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=PLD+patches&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailreporter2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=patrys&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&gnome_version=2.23%2F2.24&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

--
Patryk Zawadzki