Re: libproxy as external dependency
- From: "Ali Sabil" <ali sabil gmail com>
- To: "Ross Burton" <ross burtonini com>
- Cc: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: libproxy as external dependency
- Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:50:37 +0200
2008/10/24 Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>
On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 11:09 +0100, Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:You could lazy-load the library when you need to access a URL, but the
> In this specific library case, since the API is so simple and you
> don't know you need it until you somehow check your app's settings
> it's a no-brainer really.
point is that your app shouldn't have to know how to handle proxies or
check settings: it just asks the library to handle them.
From what I understood, libproxy only allows your to know which proxy to connect to for reaching a specific resource, not how to handle the proxy, as you are supposed to handle them yourself.
] [Thread Prev