Re: Laptop power disconnect alarm

This should probably be done as a patch to gnome-power-manager.

Thinkpad laptops in particular already do something like this (it's implemented in the BIOS) that does a chime to notify the user that the laptop is still on when the lid is closed and the power cord is detached to prevent people from putting their laptop in their bag and having it overheat.