Re: External dependencies, DeviceKit-power and GNOME Power Manager

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 14:45 +0000, Luis Medinas wrote:
> Not to mention just like Consolekit it requires some tweaking to work
> on Linux distros. From what i remember lot's of distros like Debian
> and Gentoo required some changes on HAL to get it working. Someone
> from Gentoo please correct me but Consolekit isn't still working on
> Gentoo.
> So i would appreciate that these new projects get more feedback from
> distributors and other OS like FreeBSD and Solaris.

Right, but I need more than feedback from gentoo, FreeBSD and Solaris
for these project, we need _code_. The days of easily being able to run
a desktop GNOME instance without PackageKit, ConsoleKit, PolicyKit or
DeviceKit are numbered, and it's important the people "doing something
different" know that.

Richard.