Re: External dependencies, DeviceKit-power and GNOME Power Manager

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Le lundi 24 novembre 2008, à 18:25 +0000, Richard Hughes a écrit :
>> Q: Is anything else going to use DeviceKit-$foo?
>> A: In the future gvfs will depend on DeviceKit-disks, not HAL
>
> Does it sound possible to port all GNOME away from hal to DeviceKit-$foo
> in the 2.26 timeframe?

No, it doesn't sound feasible, really. There is quite a long list of
hal dependencies (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit#Scope ).

But thankfully, it is not really necessary to port everything
immediately, hal and DeviceKit can happily coexist (with some minimal
interaction e.g. for device locking). If a few core modules (gvfs,
nautilus, gnome-mount) are ported to hal, we should be in good shape
for 2.26.

Matthias   (hoping David will correct him when he misrepresents things)