gnome-desktop on omap3

Dear fellows,

Greetings!

I'm fairly new to this gnome-desktop development environment though I
have been using it for quiet a long time now.

I have been assigned a task to port gnome-desktop on omap3evm i.e. to
bring up omap3-evm LCD with a running Gnome Desktop like GUI, similar
to what I got on my X86-Desktop.

My rootfs contains full Xorg(7.4 Release) build, Gnome libraries
include gnome-vfs, libgnome-2.0, libgnomeui, gnome-desktop, and
gnome-panel.
Now my concern is how to start the GUI. What and where to configure to
kickstart gnome on bootup?

Can anyone please tell me or give me some pointers on how to bring my
X11-Gnome environment up, i.e which service to start or configure,
once I port my rootfs to my target through NFS.

Also is my rootfs complete or am I still missing some important
libraries/functions?

Any help or pointers on this will be great.
Thanks for your concern.

Regards
Amit Pundir