[Libgnome-menu2] Any quick way to check which part of the tree is updated?

Hi
	I quickly browse through the source code of libgnome-menu2, and I read some of the app code who using this library.

	I can see that when tree is changed, With the data we got from the call back function we added by gmenu_tree_add_monitor, we can not know exactly which part of the tree is updated. So if I have retreive part of the contents of the tree and save them into somewhere else, say display on the launcher. Seems I need to rebuild all the contents? Please correct me, If I have a wrong understanding.

	I can understand that the tree change may involve a huge amount of the items' update, say if the change is caused by the menu item. Or the menu file itself. But If only one desktop file is updated, Is there any quick way to find it out?

	Thanks.

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu