Re: Proposed external dependency: Mono.Addins

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 06:54 -0800, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Tomboy has depended on Mono.Addins >= 0.3 [1] for over a year now, but
> since it's not a blessed dependency in GNOME we've been forced to
> bundle a copy.
>
> For all the obvious reasons why this is a bad idea, we'd like to stop
> doing it.  Mono.Addins is widely used in the Mono community by popular
> (extensible) apps like Banshee, F-Spot, Gnome Do, and MonoDevelop.  It
> is packaged by all major distros.
>
> To quote the website, "Mono.Addins is a framework for creating
> extensible applications, and for creating libraries which extend those
> applications."

No responses yet?  Personally, insofar as Mono is allowed
(which, IIRC, is on a module-by-module acceptance basis),
I see no reason not to allow Mono.Addins.  It seems to be
a really nice framework for managing extensions, and it's
used by a lot of Mono-using applications.

--
Shaun