Re: libproxy as external dependency

Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mardi 21 octobre 2008, à 10:30 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum a écrit :
Hi,

I'd like to propose libproxy (LGPL 2.1+; http://code.google.com/p/libproxy/) as a blessed external dependency for GNOME 2.26. libproxy is currently used by vlc and neon and libsoup and webkit are considering adopting it.

Looking at the code, you don't listen for changes to the gconf keys. If
I have an active connection through a proxy and I change my proxy
settings, shouldn't libproxy tell the app the proxy settings have
changed, so that it can restart the connection?
libproxy reads the configuration from gconf every time a new connection is established. IMHO, it is a bad practice to tear down a working connection so that you can try to establish a new connection which *might* work (or might fail). Best practice should be to keep all operational connections established and only use the new proxy settings for new connections.

Nathaniel