Re: More useful terminal windows

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 20:36 -0600, Ralph Boland wrote:
> I have recently been experimenting with terminal windows (profiles);
> see my other post (PLEASE!).
>
> Once thing I would like to be able to do is add buttons on the top
> of the terminal window (same row as edit probably) such that
> the buttons invoke commands when clicked.
> The output of the command should probably be displayed on the
> terminal.
> A simple solution would be to have a small number of buttons for each
> terminal whose default behavior is to do nothing and not be displayed.
> The user can then edit the buttons to set what they are to do;
> something similar to what is done with terminal profiles now.

Hi,

My ssh client internally has a fairly powerful Python library for
creating tabbed application-specific terminal emulator displays; you
could think of it as "VteRunner".

For example, if you want to create a little application that wraps e.g.
"mutt" with buttons for sending mail, that's not too hard.  Right now I
have applications for both ssh and sudo.

You can find the code here:

http://svn.gnome.org/svn/hotwire-ssh/trunk/hotssh/hotvte/