Re: Module proposal: Conduit for GNOME 2.24

Am Montag, den 31.03.2008, 12:02 +0100 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> I'd like to see the UI reviewed before giving it a +1, as I've had
> very
> hard times understanding how to actually make it work. Something a bit
> more like iSync (at least for the "core" PIM data) would be nice.

ACK.

Maybe the UI would be more easy to understand if the tree view in the
main window would be replaced by some Glade/GIMP like tool palette.

<shameless-plug>I am developing a generic tool palette widget for usage
in Glom (and hopefully many other programs) in libegg/toolpalette right
now</shameless-plug>. [1][2]

Also the preferences dialog could use quite some UI love.

But I agree that some application like Conduit would greatly benefit
GNOME.

Ciao,
Mathias

[1] http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/libegg/trunk/libegg/toolpalette/
[2]
http://taschenorakel.de/pictures/screenshots/2008/03/31/testtoolpalette.png

--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Openismus GmbH: http://www.openismus.com/