Re: Disabling building of gnome-cd and cddb-slave in gnome-media. Any objections?

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 19:04 +0100, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> >
> >  On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 16:57 +0100, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> >  >
> >  > We would like to disable building of gnome-cd and cddb-slave by
> >  > default in the gnome-media package, because there are much better
> >  > alternatives such as sound juicer and rhythmbox. Furthermore gnome-cd
> >  > and cddb-slave use the deprecated libgnome libraries. So it also helps
> >  > with the goal of not using these deprecated libraries anymore.
> >  >
> >  > Does anybody have objections against disabling gnome-cd and cddb-slave
> >  > by default?
> >
> >  Same here, disabled in Fedora as well.
> >

> Maybe we should even remove it from SVN, since it seems that almost
> nobody is shipping it. Furthermore gnome-cd and cddb-slave haven't had
> any significant commits for a long time.

Sound-juicer isn't up to scratch for proper CD playback (ie. not just
looking for which track to rip), and we don't have a replacement in the
desktop yet (Rhythmbox or other).

So it should stay in but disabled for now.

Cheers