Re: Disabling building of gnome-cd and cddb-slave in gnome-media. Any objections?

On Solaris, we haven't shipped gnome-cd for several years, since
we ship sound-juicer and rhythmbox which, as you say, work much
better.  We currently disable the building of gnome-cd from
gnome-media.

Brian

We would like to disable building of gnome-cd and cddb-slave by
default in the gnome-media package, because there are much better
alternatives such as sound juicer and rhythmbox. Furthermore gnome-cd
and cddb-slave use the deprecated libgnome libraries. So it also helps
with the goal of not using these deprecated libraries anymore.

Does anybody have objections against disabling gnome-cd and cddb-slave
by default?

On Archlinux we disable gnome-cd in our package since the 2.20.0
release. I haven't had a single request from our users to add it back,
so our 2.22.0 build has it disabled also.