Re: Start proposing new modules for inclusion in GNOME 2.24!

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 11:43 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> GNOME 2.22.0 was released yesterday, and we're already starting to look
> at what the future will bring us. Or at what we'll bring to GNOME in the
> future. Or at what we'll bring to the future. Or maybe we can skip this
> step and use time travel? You know, I've watched again 'Back to the
> future' a few days ago, and... Hmm? You're not interested in my life?
> Okay... :-) Really good movie, though. I especially like the moment
> where... oops, sorry.
>
> Since we're starting a new development cycle which will lead us to GNOME
> 2.24 in September 2008, now is a good time to think about potential new
> modules for 2.24. You can go wild and propose your favorite new modules
> for inclusion in GNOME.
>
> How should you proceed? It's easy, all the information is on:
>     http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleProposing

This is not on that page (can we add it?), and we seem to
have problems with this every release cycle.  So here it
is again: We do not expect you to have documentation for
your module when you propose it.  We understand that you
might not be good at writing documentation, and that you
haven't found people to do it for you.

But we do expect you to CONTACT THE DOCUMENTATION TEAM
BEFORE THE MODULE DECISIONS.  We need an early heads-up.
We need to know what state your documentation is in, if
it exists at all, and what needs to be done.  If you
don't contact us before module inclusion discussions
heat up (looks like early July), I'll give you a big
thumbs down in my documentation reviews.

--
Shaun