Re: gnome-session proposal

On Wed, 25.06.08 19:07, William Jon McCann (mccann jhu edu) wrote:

> We can still support applications that only know if they should
> inhibit "just in time" by emitting a signal when a logout is
> requested.  The applications can then take an inhibit in response to
> that signal.

This part sounds racy. Is it?

Apropos, since we are talking about session management here: have you
guys ever thought of reuseíng upstart for managing session processes? The
problem that an init system and a session manager have is the same:
doing lifecycle management of processes and all kinds of fancy
monitoring of them.

Lennart