Fwd: Need Leadership

Sorry, I accidentally replied off-list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: natan yellin <aantny gmail com>
Date: Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: Need Leadership
To: Luis Villa <luis tieguy org>

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Luis Villa <luis tieguy org> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 11:44 AM, natan yellin <aantny gmail com> wrote:
>> +1. This is not a gigantic company- you don't have to persuade the
>> management to get permission to innovate. You have the code, and
>> potentially you have the idea. So JFDI. If it is worthwhile, more
>> people will come.
>
> That's true but exciting new ideas shouldn't be developed in hidden and
> completely unofficial corners of the community.

I didn't suggest that they should be; I said they didn't need
permission. You can do your own thing, and still use the tools of the
community to seek feedback and advice when you feel it is appropriate.
Sorry, I've only been here a few months, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly how everything is done. My only point is that if there was a centralized forum for the advancement of such ideas, the entire community would benefit.

Luis